Hello Lovelies! I am SOO excited to announce a new feature on my blog: Bookshelf Swap! I collaborated with Octavia @ Mythical Reads to do this post today and I highly encourage you to check out her book blog! She is so great and she does a lot of unique posts.
What is Bookshelf Swap?
Bookshelf swap is where you swap pictures of a bookshelf with another blogger and make a post about each others’ bookshelf. You discuss what you have read, how you felt about the books, which books are on your TBR, which books you added to your TBR, and any other general thoughts about their shelf.
I can’t take all of the credit for this, as I originally saw Lauren @ Northern Plunderer do it. I have changed part of it slightly though. Instead of the whole bookcase, I chose to only highlight a couple shelves at a time so you don’t get as many repeat books.
I’m always open to collabing with other bloggers! If you would like to do this with me, you can DM me on Twitter or Instagram or go to my Contact page and fill out the form.
Here is the link to Octavia’s post where she talks about my bookshelves if you want to check it out! 💕
🔮 Octavia’s Bookish Items:
- I happen to really love the purple minion and find it so adorable!
- The candles say Atlantica and Nesryn & Sartaq. I happen to love bookish themed candles and I really wish I had more! There are just SOO many great companies out there and I never know which to buy from. I would love it if you could recommend me some!
✅ Read & Recommend:
This section is about the books that I have read and recommend. I would usually have an additional Read and Do Not Recommend section, but none of the books on this list fit into that category.
- Kiss of Deception by Mary E. Pearson ~ I really enjoyed this series, even though the love triangle didn’t go the way I wanted it to.
- Wicked Saints by Emily A. Duncan ~ I received an ARC of this book and it was one of my favorite reads of the year so far.
📚 On My TBR:
These are books that I already had on my TBR.
- Furyborn by Claire Legrand ~ I have been dying to read this book since I heard about it!
- My Lady Jane by Cynthia Hand, Brodi Ashton, & Jodi Meadows ~ This book sounds interesting, I have just been putting it off because I haven’t been in the mood for historical fiction lately.
- Graceling by Kristin Cashore ~ The only reason I haven’t started this series yet is because I am waiting to have all of the books in physical copy before I do.
- The Priory of the Orange Tree by Samantha Shannon ~ As soon as I get this book in my hands, I will read it. It is at the tip top of my TBR.
- Fairest by Marissa Meyer ~ I still have to finish this series. I have to read Cress next and then I will be on to this book.
➕ Added To My TBR:
These are books where I read the synopsis and I found them interesting enough to add to my TBR.
- Bloodleaf by Crystal Smith
- Through the White Wood by Jessica Leake
- The Bone Witch by Rin Chupeco
- Sea Witch by Sarah Henning
- The Loneliest Girl in the Universe by Lauren James
- The Afterlife of Holly Chase by Cynthia Hand
➖ Doesn’t Sound Interesting To Me:
All of the books on this list are ones that for some reason or other (most likely the synopsis didn’t grab me or I’m not a big fan of the genre), just didn’t appeal to me. If you have read them and think I should change my mind, please let me know!
- Girl Mans Up by M-E Girard ~ The synopsis just didn’t appeal to me.
- These Broken Stars by Amie Kaufman & Meagan Spooner ~ I have to be in a special mood for Science Fiction and the synopsis wasn’t that enticing to me.
- Geekerella by Ashley Postin ~ Doesn’t sound like my thing.
- Forest of a Thousand Lanterns by Julie C. Dao ~ Just doesn’t sound interesting to me.
- Salt to the Sea by Ruta Sepetys ~ I rarely read historical fiction and especially not war historical fiction.
- Miss Mayhem by Rachel Hawkins ~ I just have no interest in this series and I have heard that the books get progressively worse.
❓ Still Not Sure About:
These are the books that I am still not sure if I want to discard, but not sure if I want to add to my TBR pile either. I would really appreciate your thoughts on them if you have read them!
- The Silence of the Girls by Pat Barker ~ I’m really into Greek Mythology and the story of Achilles especially, but I prefer my stories with happy endings and I feel like that won’t be the case with this book.
- Vicious by V.E. Schwab ~ The hype for this book is unreal, but I am not completely sold on it.
- The Young Elites by Marie Lu ~ I don’t really like Dystopian, but everyone seems to praise this series and this author.